Remember the new kiosks at Delhi’s Metro Stations? Here’s how they work
Last-mile delivery has been a pain for most e-commerce companies. It’s the most expensive, least efficient and most taxing part of the entire delivery process. There are problems like wrong addresses, poor internet connectivity, unclear maps and location data and lack of proper roads. All these add up to the time and cost per delivery.
A new Delhi-based startup called
Every Smartbox terminal has 52 lockers in small, medium and large sizes. The terminal is completely automated and compact, occupying only 1.5 square meters. It also offers Card Swipe on Delivery (CSOD) for faster COD settlements. This enables you to pay through credit/debit card at the time of collecting the parcel from the terminal.
How it Works:
Once the delivery boy puts your parcel to your nearest Smartbox terminal, you’ll get regular notifications. The first SMS is sent at the time the parcel is delivered, second after 24 hrs, third after 48 hrs and last one 6 hrs before the parcel expires. If the parcel is not collected after 72 hrs, its marked as expired and is returned to the eCommerce company.
With over 20 terminals deployed across Delhi, the company is currently working with Snapdeal, Shopclues, Oriflame and Voonik. It’s in advanced talks with several other
Expansion plans include taking the number of Smartbox terminal to 1000 by covering top 8 cities by the end of FY 2016. The company currently fulfills 5000 orders per day, which they project to scale to 30,000 orders per day once they cover all 8 metro cities.
- By air, rail and road – how oxygen is being transported across India amidst a severe COVID-19 crisis
- Voice search queries in India are growing at 270% per year: MMA and Isobar Report
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries buys Britain's iconic country club Stoke Park for ₹592 crore
- Instagram is bringing ads to Reels in India; here are a few formats it is planning to add
- Simplified: AIIMS, ICMR new guidelines for treatment of patients with ‘moderate’ case of COVID-19