Report on net neutrality submitted to Telecom Minister
AdvertisementA telecom department panel on
The report, which has been compiled by a six-member committee appointed in January, comes at a time when the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (
Some members of the committee felt that the definition (of net neutrality) should not be at cross-purposes with the government's policy and objectives of Digital India. The upshot is that essential services such as e-governance, as envisaged in the 'Digital India' plan, should be delivered on a preferential basis to end-users.
The final Trai report along with the internal committee's report will together define the government's policy on net neutrality.
Last month, Prasad in Rajya Sabha had announced that the government was in favour of maintaining the core principles of net neutrality and internet for all.
(image credits: www.gammanews.in)
Popular on BI
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera