Reynolds American has reportedly rejected British American Tobacco's $47 billion takeover offer
AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar
The American company is seeking a higher price, according to the report, and BAT is willing to increase its offer slightly.BAT currently holds a 42% stake in the company.Advertisement
BAT first made an offer to buy Reynolds last month.
More to come...
NOW WATCH: Here's how much $100 is worth in every state
- After SBI, HDFC Bank issues restructuring guidelines for retail loans
- Mumbai Central Railway introduces 68 additional local train services from today
- In India, COVID-19 recoveries are surpassing new cases for six days now
- California pledges to ban sale of new petrol passenger vehicles by 2035
- Facebook partners with sixth VC firm in India – Matrix Partners to scale small businesses