SBI net profit surges 30% in Q3
The State Bank of India (
In the year-ago period, the SBI had registered a net profit of Rs 2,234.34 crore, the bank revealed in a
In the third quarter, the total income of the bank moved up to Rs 43,784 crore as compared to Rs 39,068 crore in the year-ago period.
Apart from this, the net interest income of the SBI zoomed 9% to Rs 13,777 crore as against Rs 12,640 crore in the third quarter of last fiscal.
The PTI report further revealed that provisions for bad loans during the Q3 of current fiscal surged 26% to Rs 5,235 crore from Rs 4,150 crore during corresponding quarter.
In the quarter under review, the net NPAs of the SBI fell to 2.8% as compared to 3.24% in same period of last it. The PTI report also stated that gross NPAs slumped to 4.9% in the Q3 from 5.73% in the year-ago period.
(Image: The Economic Times)
- Standoff continues at India-China border with no indication of 'positive outcome'
- Elderly woman dies of COVID-19 in HP, 6 fresh cases reported
- Record 6,977 new COVID-19 cases in India in last 24 hours; death toll climbs to 4,021
- with 63 new coronavirus cases Bihar reached at 2574 till 25th May morning
- Apple TV+ promotes kid-friendly content as summer vacation begins