San Francisco's new $2.3 billion transit center could be the most expensive bus terminal in the world
San Francisco's future public transportation hub, The Transbay Transit Center, has been called the "most expensive bus terminal in the history of humankind" by a city supervisor.Its astronomical costs match the developer's ambitions. Upon completion in 2017, the $2.3 billion Transbay Center will connect eight Bay Area counties through 11 transportation systems. It includes up to 100,000 square feet of retail space and a rooftop park.Advertisement
It's unclear if the "most expensive" superlative is true. But it might be. For comparison, New York's Port Authority Bus Terminal - the largest and busiest bus terminal in the world - cost an estimated $24 million when it was constructed in the mid-20th century.
While construction on the Transbay Center is far from over, these stunning renderings provided by the developer's website give us a glimpse inside.
- 20 DMRC staff have tested positive for COVID-19 till date: Sources
- COVID-positive man dies, daughter says 'not admitted' in time by Delhi hospital
- Four more COVID-19 cases in HP's Hamirpur, ten recover
- COVID-19 cases cross 2,000-mark in Assam
- 13 Indians among 517 new coronavirus cases reported in Singapore