'Sin City' Sequel Bombs Opening Weekend
Jessica Alba and Eva Green couldn't save "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For." The sequel to the 2005 film bombed this weekend debuting to $6.5 million at theaters.$20 million this weekend.Advertisement
It's thought the almost 10-year delay between sequels is one of the factors that led to a poor delivery.
The Robert Rodriguez film is the director's latest to take a punch at theaters.His last film, "Machete Kills" (2013) opened to $3.8 million while "Spy Kids: All the Time in the World" (2011) debuted to $11.6 million.
No new film this weekend topped the box office.Instead, "Guardians of the Galaxy" returned as the number one movie at the box office. Disney's latest Marvel movie has made $489.5 million worldwide to date easily making it one of the highest-grossing films of the summer. The Michael Bay-produced "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" reboot has now made more than $235 million worldwide in two weeks.Advertisement
- COVID-19: 14 cases, 2 deaths on Friday in Maha's Amravati
- CCI approves Kubota Corp's 9 pc stake-buy in Escorts
- Doctors advised to use Remdesivir on COVID-19 patients strictly under laid-down protocol
- 100 new COVID-19 cases in Goa on Friday, count now 2,151
- iOS users find several app including Spotify, Pinterest crashing