Snapchat's Spectacles hardware team hit with leadership shakeup and job cuts
There's been a shakeup within Snap Inc.'s hardware team behind Spectacles.
The company's former VP of Operators, Mark Randall, has taken on the new role of VP of Hardware, replacing Steve Horowitz. The shakeup includes about a dozen layoffs mostly within a marketing division that supported the hardware team, according to a person familiar with the matter. Bloomberg first reported the news Thursday.
Horowitz's new title is VP of Technology, a Snap spokesperson told Business Insider. He will continue to advise the Spectacles team and communicate the company's technology ambitions externally.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range