Snapdeal acquires Letsgomo Labs
The Letsgomo team will join the e-Commerce marketplace, Snapdeal, after the completion of the acquisition.
"Over 75% of our sales now come through mobile platforms and Letsgomo team becoming a part of our family will further propel our efforts in this direction," said Rohit Bansal, co-founder of Snapdeal.
Letsgomo Labs, which was founded by Manav Kamboj and Vikas Banga, assists companies with end-to-end mobility solutions like building mobile strategies, conceptualisation of applications and mobile sites, implementation and hosting.
Economic Times reported mobile is one of the key growth drivers of e-Commerce in the country and building a robust mobile commerce platform has been a key focus area for Snapdeal. The company recently appointed Anand Chandrasekaran as the chief product officer, who will be working towards building a highly scalable, sustainable and future ready technology platform for the company.
The recent acquisition of Martmobi - a mobile technology start up - was also a step towards further strengthening Snapdeal's mobile platform. Currently, around 75% of the orders on Snapdeal come via mobile based transactions.
ET stated Snapdeal, following a series of buyouts - the biggest being its $450 million (Rs 2,870 crore) acquisition of mobile recharge platform Freecharge - has begun offering services including mobile recharge, online bill payment facilities and home and personal loans.
Popular on BI
- Richard Branson's rocket company Virgin Orbit lays off 85% of workforce
- Indian-American Ajay Banga sole nominee to lead World Bank
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a weak note despite positive global cues: Reliance Industries, JSW Energy, Hero MotoCorp among stocks in focus
- Data you share with ChatGPT is not private: So be careful with what you reveal
- IPO demand may pick up in the second half of FY24 after macro headwinds settle