Spotify just launched a gadget for listening to music in the car called Car Thing, and it's currently free
Spotifyannounced its first piece of hardware, the Car Thing.
- The Car Thing, as its name suggests, is for listening to music or podcasts in one's car.
- It should allow owners of older cars to get the benefits of a newer, sleeker
Spotify is moving into the hardware business.The company on Tuesday announced the Car Thing, a dedicated gadget for listening to podcasts and playlists while driving.
Many new vehicles come with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, which similarly allow drivers to control phone apps remotely through a car's infotainment screen. So the Car Thing appears to be best suited for older vehicles with clumsy interfaces or ones that don't have infotainment systems at all.Spotify said it's not trying to compete with in-car infotainment systems and that the Car Thing is part of its "ubiquity strategy" of making listening convenient in all situations.
- Long-lasting laptops with durable build quality
- Sensex has hit a new record but it's not clear if it will trek higher
- The rise in global crude oil prices may make India's April-June exports data look really good
- Baba Ramdev and Patanjali-owned Ruchi Soya wants to raise money from the market again
- Best office chairs for working from home