Square has hiked up the rates on one of its newest products
When Square Cash for Business launched in March the company charged a 1.5% payment processing fee, below the average of 2.75% that other companies charge for a similar service. The fee was then raised to 1.9% and now sits at 2.75%.Square Cash for Business works just like the personal version of the product, which gives a user a cash.me domain and means anyone can send them money. Advertisement
Square was trusting businesses to sign up for the Cash Pro account which had the 1.5% charge (the consumer version has no fees). However, the higher fees of 2.75% may put off many businesses who saw Cash for Business as a good deal.
Re/Code reported that Jack Dorsey described Square Cash as "show[ing] a path" for the company, which is currently valued at $4 billion (£2.6 billion) and is looking to grow in a diverse range of areas.
- Maha govt's priority is to tackle COVID-19 crisis: Aaditya
- CBSE, Facebook to train students and teachers on digital safety
- Record single-day spike of 24,850 COVID-19 cases, 613 deaths in India
- Virat Kohli questioned for 'conflict of interest' because of his business ventures
- India's tech leaders ask businesses to adopt cloud for a digitally driven post COVID world