'Star Wars' fans are freaking out over this stunning new game trailer
A new "Star Wars" trailer has fans going bananas. The trailer racked up nearly 2 million views on YouTube in the last four days; Eurogamer called it "better than many Star Wars movies."
Sounds hyperbolic? It isn't - as a lapsed "Star Wars" fan myself, I can attest: This is the good stuff.The trailer isn't for a new "Star Wars" movie, or even a TV show - it's for a years-old "Star Wars" game that's getting a big expansion this holiday. The game is called "Star Wars: The Old Republic," and it originally launched way back in 2011.
LucasArts / EA
With the upcoming expansion, titled "Knights of the Eternal Throne," the age-old story of The Dark Side corrupting a young padawan is back at the forefront.The gorgeous trailer explores this journey, from a young girl trying to figure out how to use The Force, to a dark lordess engaged in mortal conflict with her own mother.
BioWare / LucasArts
And that's why you shouldn't miss it, even if you don't care about this game. It's genuinely some of the best short-form "Star Wars" storytelling I've ever seen, and I think you'll agree:
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit