Stunning pictures of Paris in chaos as anti-Uber taxis drivers ambush cars and set fires
Taxi drivers hit the streets of France on Thursday, bringing some of the country's main transport arteries to a total standstill.
They're officially protesting against Uber's ride-hailing app UberPOP, which allows users to be picked up by unqualified drivers.But the protest also seems to be about Uber in general. In some places there has been outright violence, with burning tyres, flares, flipped cars and riot police.Advertisement
France is not the only place where taxi drivers have protested over Uber's apps - parts of central London effectively but the demonstrations have been much more violent than in other European cities.
Take a look at the dramatic scenes.
- Odisha reports 67 new COVID-19 cases; total rises to 1,660
- Bihar reports 16th COVID-19 casualty; number of cases rises to 3,185
- 11 more test COVID-19 positive in Jharkhand; cases rise to 469
- Pregnant woman, toddler die at quarantine centres in C'garh
- 50 test COVID-19 positive in Nashik district; tally 1,108