Rail Budget 2016: Suresh Prabhu says he is trying to fulfill PM Modi's vision
It is his second
"This Budget owes its vision to that of PM Modi. We want to improve quality of customer experience, create jobs," Prabhu said.
"This budget will document the transformation of railways. This is not my Budget alone, it represents the aspirations of every member of the railway family and common man," he said.
Before the Railway Budget, he had said, "The Rail Budget we have prepared is in the interest of the nation and railways. It will cater to the needs of all satisfactorily as a lot of effort has gone into its preparation."
In his tenure, almost 1,000 railway stations have been developed as 'Adarsh' stations, with facilities like toilets, drinking water, catering services and waiting rooms.
"Development of stations under 'Adarsh' station scheme was started in 2009-10. 1,052 stations were identified under 'Adarsh' station scheme and out of which, 946 stations have been developed till 2014-15," he had said in Lok Sabha during Question Hour.
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store