TRUMP: 'President Barack Obama was born in the United States - period'
"President Barack Obama was born in the United States," Trump said at a press conference. "Period. Now we all want to get back to making America strong and great again."Trump also blamed the "birther" movement on his Democratic rival, presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
At the 30-minute event during which Trump was expected to address "birtherism," several generals and admirals from the US military came out and endorsed Trump. Trump didn't address the "birther" issue until the very end.During the 2012 election cycle, Trump repeatedly called on Obama to release his birth certificate to prove that he was born in the US. While there had been rumors circulating before 2011 about Obama's birthplace, Trump is widely credited with bringing "birtherism" into the mainstream.
Trump demanded publicly for months that Obama release his longform birth certificate. As the issue gained more attention, Obama did eventually relent and release the document.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government