Tech CEO Who Allegedly Hit His Girlfriend 117 Times Breaks His Silence On Twitter
And although the incident was allegedly caught by security cameras in his San Francisco apartment, Chahal says he is innocent on Twitter.
Last week, Chahal was able to get all 45 felony charges dropped, avoid jail time, and plead guilty to just two misdemeanors. He's also committed to enrolling in a domestic violence program for about a year and he has three years of probation. RadiumOne and its board members haven't publicly commented about the charges or Chahal's status as the company's chairman and CEO, despite outrage from many in the tech community.
Last night, Chahal finally reacted to all the negative press about him on Twitter.
Chahal also suggests there there's no video of the alleged incident.
Here's the criminal complaint filed against him from in August. The allegations Chahal is denying include:
- Hitting girlfriend Juliet Kakish repeatedly in the head
- Assaulting her with a pillow
- Dragging her from the bed to the floor
- Covering her mouth with his hand to obstruct her breathing
- Hitting her in the lower body approximately 15 times
- Hitting her in the head while holding his other hand over her mouth
- Threatening to kill her
- Confining her to a bed by force and fear
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India
- India issues notice to Pak seeking review, modification of Indus Waters Treaty
- Locals protest in Joshimath against slow pace of efforts to save town
- Cyber criminals syndicate operating from China and Dubai unearthed, had cheated 11,000
- Bank unions defer Jan 30-31 strike