Techjockey - The startup which is helping small businesses adapt to technology
AdvertisementEven as the world is moving fast towards cloud
They realized the demand for an online marketplace of softwares where installation and licensing could be done almost instantly, and even a technologically challenged person could install software without a sign of hesitation. This gave birth to Gurgaon-based
With the kind of offerings Techjockey provides, it eventually came handy for the users who were starting their businesses.
If you plan to use the portal. it will allow you to compare the prices of software and choose the best bet. Currently, there are more than 200 software vendors listings across 18 industry verticals on Techjockey.
In an exclusive chat with Business Insider, Akash Nangia, Founder of Techjockey said, “We cater to a variety of industry - retail, manufacturing, education, ecommerce, hospitality, automobiles and warehousing, among others. Our aim is to create 1,000-plus small software solutions companies by end-2016-17, including those operating in remote areas of India. The basic idea is to let the small businesses and SMEs avail end-to-end software requirement.”
Nangia was the Vice-President, Sales at
On being asked about the investments, Akash’s co-founder Arjun Mittal said, “We started our venture with Rs 25 lakh which came from our own pockets. In just a year, we have seen a revenue growth of over Rs 1 crore.”
“The margins on software sale and the marketing revenue from Tier 1 and Tier 2 software companies are major revenue booster for Techjockey,” he further said.
AdvertisementThe co-founders now believe small towns of India have the potential to drive the change. In most cases, the tech savvy merchants of small town use pirated versions. It is for this reason Techjockey is penetrating into the markets of Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities to make more businesses subscribe to technology.
Basic understanding of computer and subscribing to Techjockey have infact worked wonders for the cloth merchants of Ludhiana already, who were earlier relying on log books. Techjockey convinced a few traders to adapt to their platform and now they are using the software which have made their job much easier.
So, irrespective of the business you have, Techjockey might be an answer to all your IT queries and challenges.
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World