The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now
Good morning! Here's what people will be chatting about on Thursday1. In a speech Wednesday evening, President Barack Obama outlined a four-part plan to "destroy" the Islamic State militant groupAdvertisement
2. As part of expanded military action against militants, Obama authorized airstrikes in Syria and more ground troops in Iraq.
3. The judge in the Oscar Pistorius case is expected to deliver a verdict this morning on charges that the Olympic track star murdered his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last year.4. A new Survation poll on Scottish independence showed the No vote - or pro-union camp - leading by 6%. The news is a relief for the Better Together campaign after two polls earlier this week showed the Yes vote - or pro-independence camp - ahead.
5. The Royal Bank of Scotland said it will move its headquarters to London if Scotland goes independent.
7. The NFL is investigating a report from a law enforcement official claiming football executives had a video in April of recently ousted player Ray Rice hitting his fiancee in an elevator.
8. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been diagnosed with a tumor after being hospitalized Wednesday with abdominal pains.
9. Russian hackers published the passwords to nearly 5 million accounts.
Scientists are doubting whether a crater near Nicaragua's capital that appeared over the weekend was caused by a meteor, as originally reported.