The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now
Hello! Here's what you need to know for Friday.1. Hong Kong's leader Leung Chu-ying has refused to step down, despite protests for his resignation by midnight Thursday, but has agreed to talks with student demonstrators.
2. The UN's Ebola chief, Anthony Banbury, has warned that the Ebola virus could mutate and go airborne. British prime minister David Cameron will be the first world leader to meet with new Afghan president Ashraf Ghani during a surprise visit to Kabul on Friday.
Chai Yan Leung, the daughter of Hong Kong's leader, CY Leung, is receiving a storm of negative press after bragging about her expensive, taxpayer-funded lifestyle on social media. 7. An American cameraman for NBC News has been diagnosed with Ebola and is being flown back to the US for treatment. Advertisement
9. Adam Sandler has signed an exclusive four-movie deal with Netflix, another move by the streaming service to shake up the entertainment industry.10. Scientists have discovered previously unknown features of the Earth's ocean floor from a new map made using satellite information. Advertisement
And finally ...
- RBI imposes penalty on Bank of India, Karnataka Bank
- Ahmedabad registers 247 new coronavirus cases; 16 more die
- Karnataka for scaling down flights from 5 states with high prevalence of COVID-19 cases
- Kerala coronavirus tally touches 1,088 with 84 fresh cases, Telangana man dies of COVID-19
- 16 passengers on flights of IndiGo, 2 other airlines test positive for COVID-19; Karnataka seeks limited flights from 5 states