The 10 best major airports in the world
- The air-travel website AirHelp has released a ranking of 132 major airports across the world.
- The airports were evaluated on criteria like customer service, cleanliness, on-time performance, and the food and shopping options available to travelers.
- AirHelp selected airports that are the "best known and most used" for its rankings while leaving out airports for which data was unavailable.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The air-travel website AirHelp recently released a ranking of major airports around the world.
The list includes 132 airports evaluated on criteria like customer service, cleanliness, on-time performance, and the food and shopping options available to travelers. Airports were given an overall score on a 10-point scale, with on-time performance accounting for 60% of the score, service quality accounting for 20%, and food and shopping options representing 20%.
Read more: The 10 worst major airports in the world
"We chose the airports based on the best known and most used airports - but we exclude airports that we are unable to get data for," AirHelp said in an explanation of its methodology.
Europe and Asia each have four of the 10 airports that received the highest scores. Two airports from South America also made the top 10.
These are the world's 10 best airports, according to AirHelp.
10. Viracopos/Campinas International Airport
9. Tenerife North Airport
8. Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
7. Singapore Changi Airport
6. Moscow Sheremetyevo International Airport
5. Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport
4. Afonso Pena International Airport
3. Athens International Airport
2. Tokyo International Airport
1. Hamad International Airport
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Inflation unlikely to fall below 6% before Feb 2023: Kotak report
- Respect for women essential for India’s progress: PM Narendra Modi
- Human activities disrupted even the most resilient species in the Earth's ecosystem: study
- Best car vacuum cleaners in India
- Wholesale price inflation eases to 13.9% in July from 15% in June