The 12 most automated jobs in the US
To find the most automated jobs in America right now, we combed through the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), a US Department of Labor database that compiles detailed information on hundreds of jobs.
O*NET rates the "degree of automation" for each job on a scale from zero to 100, where a higher rating signals more automation. Jobs with scores around 50 are considered moderately automated, while jobs with scores around 75 are considered highly automated. (A score of 100 has yet to be attained, but it would indicate that a job is completely automated.)
Here are 12 jobs with the highest degrees of automation, as well as what they pay and how much the job will grow or decline by the year 2024 (where the average projected employment change is 6.5% growth), according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
These jobs earned a degree of automation rating of 65 or higher and are ranked in order from lowest to highest automation score.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts
- An app that wants to turn fear of stock markets into fun raises ₹75 lakh from sharks
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip