The 18 hottest enterprise startups of 2017
For that we turned to Pitchbook, the website that tracks financial investments. Pitchbook sifted through its vast database to uncover the 383 startups that received funding so far in 2017 and that sell products or services to businesses, aka enterprise startups.
We chose a metric called a "valuation step up" to decide which of these startups were the hottest. A valuation step up indicates the increase in worth that investors ascribe to a particular startup. We measured between the valuation at the previous round of investment and right before the startup secured a new round (in wonky speak: post-money to pre-money).
Not all rounds are step ups. Sometimes they are down rounds.
Of the 383 rounds we looked at, 169 of them saw an increase in valuation. The median step up for the early stage startups was 1.73 times the previous valuation; for later stage, 1.39 times and all of the companies on this list had step-ups well above those medians.
- An Indian credit card user spends ₹14,500 a month on average – 20x more than debit card users
- Arjun Tendulkar not included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy knockout matches
- Ransomware attacks rise 13% over the last one year – 4 out of 5 breaches attributed to organised crime, says report
- iPhone 14 could get costlier as it’s rumored to feature a more advanced front camera
- Aether Industries Limited IPO — Checkout company balance sheet, performance and analysts views in 10 points
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction