The 18 hottest enterprise startups of 2017
For that we turned to Pitchbook, the website that tracks financial investments. Pitchbook sifted through its vast database to uncover the 383 startups that received funding so far in 2017 and that sell products or services to businesses, aka enterprise startups.We chose a metric called a "valuation step up" to decide which of these startups were the hottest. A valuation step up indicates the increase in worth that investors ascribe to a particular startup. We measured between the valuation at the previous round of investment and right before the startup secured a new round (in wonky speak: post-money to pre-money).Advertisement
Not all rounds are step ups. Sometimes they are down rounds.
Of the 383 rounds we looked at, 169 of them saw an increase in valuation. The median step up for the early stage startups was 1.73 times the previous valuation; for later stage, 1.39 times and all of the companies on this list had step-ups well above those medians.
- Bihar announces complete lockdown from July 16 to July 31 to fight coronavirus
- Wakefit.co aims to hire 200 people in the next couple of months
- COVID-19 testing kit for ₹500 — IIT Delhi ready for launch tomorrow
- International Mandela Day: Following in Madiba's footsteps
- Yatra.com partners upGrad to enter edtech sector