The 20 highest-paying jobs you can do from home
As of 2014, more than 53 million Americans were doing freelance work, according to a survey conducted by the independent research firm Edelman Berland and commissioned by Freelancers Union and Elance-oDesk, which recently relaunched with the name Upwork.That's about 34% of the entire workforce.
Upwork - which serves as a broker between companies that need skills and freelancers eager to supply them - recently sifted through data to find which freelance skills yield the highest hourly wages.Turns out freelancers with the right skills can earn a great living from the comfort of their homes.
The wage numbers come from the combined databases of Elance and Upwork, and are based on the average hourly rate for each skill between January 1 and May 31, 2015.
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases