The 42 most memorable people of 2015
Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File
The continued rise of Islamic State is perhaps the single most dominant story of the last 12 months. ISIS' reign of terror in Syria and Iraq helped trigger the greatest refugee crisis since the end of the World War II.In the fight to oppose ISIS and restore peace in Syria, tensions between Russia and the West reached a level of tension comparable with the height of the Cold War.
The sporting world was rocked by the corruption crisis in FIFA, which ultimately resulted in Sepp Blatter being forced to declare his intention to stand down, and the Russian doping scandal athletics once again dragged into the mire.We rounded up the 42 most memorable names from the biggest stories of the last year.
- MPs should put pressure on Centre to include Kerala's demands in central budget:CM
- Final stage of Budget 2021-22 commences with Halwa ceremony
- Farmers' Protest: Local eateries facing tough time due to free langars at Singhu Border
- Venture Capital funding in India hits $3.1 billion in Q4 of 2020, says KPMG report
- A scary proposal to use facial recognition and AI by an Indian state has experts fuming