The 50 best small companies to work for of 2017, according to employees
So job-hunting and employee-review site Comparably analyzed its database of over 3 million employee ratings on 30,000 US companies to come up with this list of the top small companies, based on overall employee satisfaction rating. Small companies were defined as firms with less than 500 employees.
For its reviews, Comparably conducts detailed questionnaires, asking about everything from compensation information to areas like "Are your company's meetings effective?" and "Do you have a mentor at work?"
To make the list, each company needed at least 10 employee reviews with at least 100 ratings (feedback on specific questions). Companies with employees who answered more questions were weighted more heavily than those with staffers that provided fewer answers. Comparably also limited the data to reviews written in 2017.
Tech companies, known for their high pay and perks, dominated the list.
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report