The 55 Best Companies For Freelancers
In fact, 53 million Americans - or 34% of today's workforce - holds a freelance job, according to a new report.
About 68% of those professionals said they freelance to earn extra cash, while the remaining 42% do it to have a flexible schedule.
In addition to the control and supplemental income freelancing offers, it can also add some excitement to one's career, says Sara Sutton Fell, founder and CEO of FlexJobs, a service that specializes in helping connect people with flexible jobs.
"If you can get a steady stream of freelance jobs, it'll provide you with variety, whereas working in one traditional office job may only offer the same responsibilities day after day," Sutton Fell explains.
To provide an even better feel of the freelance landscape, Flexjobs compiled a list of the best companies for freelance work by analyzing how many freelance listings employers posted between August 2013 and August 2014.
For anyone hoping to gain more control over their career, or who just want to work from home, here are the 55 companies with the most freelance opportunities:
- Overland Solutions, Inc
- LanguageLine Solutions
- CompuCom Systems Inc.
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- Judge Group
- Connections Academy
- Roundarch Isobar
- Time Warner Cable
- Aureus Group
- The Center for Client Retention
- Horizontal Integration
- Overland Solutions Inc.
- Clarity Consultants
- Freeman Leonard
- Achieve Test Prep
- Cook Systems International
- United Nations Development Programme
- Direct Interactions
- IVI International
- CACTUS Communications
- Action Against Hunger
- Winston Retail Solutions
- Mater Health Services
- Pac-12 Enterprises
- Conde Nast
- Euromonitor International
- Active Network
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera