The 55 Best Companies For Freelancers
In fact, 53 million Americans - or 34% of today's workforce - holds a freelance job, according to a new report.
About 68% of those professionals said they freelance to earn extra cash, while the remaining 42% do it to have a flexible schedule.
In addition to the control and supplemental income freelancing offers, it can also add some excitement to one's career, says Sara Sutton Fell, founder and CEO of FlexJobs, a service that specializes in helping connect people with flexible jobs.
"If you can get a steady stream of freelance jobs, it'll provide you with variety, whereas working in one traditional office job may only offer the same responsibilities day after day," Sutton Fell explains.
To provide an even better feel of the freelance landscape, Flexjobs compiled a list of the best companies for freelance work by analyzing how many freelance listings employers posted between August 2013 and August 2014.
For anyone hoping to gain more control over their career, or who just want to work from home, here are the 55 companies with the most freelance opportunities:
- Overland Solutions, Inc
- LanguageLine Solutions
- CompuCom Systems Inc.
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- Judge Group
- Connections Academy
- Roundarch Isobar
- Time Warner Cable
- Aureus Group
- The Center for Client Retention
- Horizontal Integration
- Overland Solutions Inc.
- Clarity Consultants
- Freeman Leonard
- Achieve Test Prep
- Cook Systems International
- United Nations Development Programme
- Direct Interactions
- IVI International
- CACTUS Communications
- Action Against Hunger
- Winston Retail Solutions
- Mater Health Services
- Pac-12 Enterprises
- Conde Nast
- Euromonitor International
- Active Network
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder