The 6 highest-paid fighters in 2019
- Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Anthony Joshua are the money men in combat sports.
- That is according to Forbes' latest ranking of the 100 best-paid athletes in the last 12 months.
- Floyd Mayweather is no longer on the list as the unbeaten American retired from the game after beating up Conor McGregor in 2017.
- McGregor remains on the list, and is joined by Deontay Wilder and Gennady Golovkin.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The Forbes list for highest-earning athletes is back for another year, and there are six fighters who grace the 100-strong ranking for the last 12 months.
Floyd Mayweather, who has long been seen as the money man of the sport, is no longer there as the unbeaten American retired from the game despite a bizarre unofficial exhibition in Japan this year, which earned him $9 million.Though Mayweather has gone, the sport has moved on and the new money men in combat sports include two hard-hitting heavyweights, two technically-adept middleweights, a UFC fighter, and a veteran of the game who continues to seek out the toughest of challenges.
Without further ado, here are the six best-paid fighters from the last 12 months, ranked in ascending order.