The 8 biggest tech disappointments in 2019 so far, from foldable smartphones to Apple's canceled AirPower
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- 2019 in technology, thus far, has been a bit of a mess.
- Whether we're talking about spectacular flame-outs like Samsung's $2,000 Galaxy Fold smartphone or trend-indicating "updates" like the newest Apple iPod, the disappointments have been surprisingly frequent.
- We've collected some of the biggest tech missteps in 2019.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUSomewhere between the gaggle of cracked Samsung Galaxy Fold screens and the ongoing mess that is EA's "Anthem," it became clear that 2019 was no normal year for flame-outs and flops - it's a special one.
AdvertisementHere are some of the worst ones thus far:
LG's Signature OLED TV R, the rollable TV, is nowhere to be found.
Samsung's recalled Galaxy Fold, the $2,000 folding smartphone.
The foldable smartphone revolution.
The huge new game from the folks behind the "Mass Effect" franchise, named "Anthem," was the biggest video game flop in years.
Apple's AirPods 2 and "new" iPod.
Google's long-rumored game console isn't a game console at all — it's a subscription service for streaming video games that must be purchased individually.
The new Nintendo Switch Lite.
Apple's cancelled wireless charging mat, AirPower.
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic
- International Yoga Day — this year’s theme is ‘Yoga for well-being’
- International Yoga Day 2021 — a few quotes to remember and share
- India witnesses decline in daily COVID-19 cases with 58,419 fresh cases, lowest in last 81 days