The 'Amazon of China' invented a holiday called Singles' Day - and they made $14 billion in 24 hours
$14 Billion. That's how much Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, made in just 24 hours last November. It happened during an unofficial Chinese holiday called "Singles' Day." But what is Alibaba, what is Singles' Day, and how did they make so much money so quickly?
Follow Tech Insider: On Facebook
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts