The 'Amazon of China' invented a holiday called Singles' Day - and they made $14 billion in 24 hours
$14 Billion. That's how much Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, made in just 24 hours last November. It happened during an unofficial Chinese holiday called "Singles' Day." But what is Alibaba, what is Singles' Day, and how did they make so much money so quickly?
Follow Tech Insider: On Facebook
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge