The 'Amazon of China' invented a holiday called Singles' Day - and they made $14 billion in 24 hours
$14 Billion. That's how much Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant, made in just 24 hours last November. It happened during an unofficial Chinese holiday called "Singles' Day." But what is Alibaba, what is Singles' Day, and how did they make so much money so quickly?
Follow Tech Insider: On Facebook
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again