The Entire Strategy For Scoring High On The SAT Just Changed
Among the changes, according to the Associated Press, are that the SAT essay will now be optional for test-takers, there is no more penalty for incorrect answers, and students will now be able to take the test on a computer.The math and reading sections will remain, but the SAT will again be graded out of 1600 possible points, with the option of adding an essay score.Advertisement
"It will be up to school districts and colleges the students apply to as to whether the essay will be required," the AP reports.
By doing away with the wrong answer penalty, students will no longer be discouraged from guessing. Previously, test-takers would lose .25 points for each wrong answer.These changes will go into effect in 2016.
This post will continue to be updated with more information on the SAT changes.
- J-K records 177 fresh COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 2,341
- Gujarat COVID-19 death toll crosses 1,000, 412 new cases
- Nationwide lockdown in containment zones till June 30; Shopping malls, hotels allowed from June 8
- COVID-19 death toll rises to 20 in Haryana, cases climb to 1,923
- 284 new coronavirus cases in Ahmedabad, 24 deaths