The Rock was the highest-paid actor in the history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 for this year's list at $124 million
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson earned the highest-ever total for acting earnings in the history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 for the outlet's 2018 list.
- Johnson earned $124 million from June 2017 to June 2018, nearly double the earnings he posted on 2017's list.
- He moved up to 5th overall on the list from 22nd last year.
In the past year, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has brought home the highest-ever total for acting earnings in the 20-year history of Forbes' Celebrity 100 list, the outlet reported on Monday.
From June 2017 to June 2018, Johnson earned $124 million, nearly double the earnings total of $65 million he posted on 2017's list.
Johnson ranked 5th overall on 2018's Celebrity 100, up 17 spots from his ranking of 22nd on last year's list.
Though Forbes has labeled him "Hollywood's highest-paid actor" in a recent profile, "The Rock" technically earned less in the past year than a fellow actor, George Clooney.
But Clooney made his way to No. 2 on the list largely through the $700 million sale of his tequila company, Casamigos, to the British liquor company Diageo, while "the vast majority" of Johnson's $124 million came from acting earnings, the outlet said.
Forbes reported that Johnson earned his record total "thanks to giant upfront paychecks and a cut of profits on blockbusters including 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.'" He also negotiated a previously reported seven-figure salary for posting about his films on his own social media pages.
On Tuesday, Johnson shared his Forbes profile on Twitter, recalling how he was "the dude who started w/ $7bucks." He added: "I'm awestruck ($124M) grateful & hungry."
Wow unexpected news.- Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) July 17, 2018
I don't have a Harvard MBA, but my business philosophy has been sharpened over time and thru failure. I have one boss I serve and connect with - the world and the people in it. I'm the dude who started w/ $7bucks. I'm awestruck ($124M) grateful & hungry. https://t.co/0VWSn5YU6N
- Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tesla is laying off workers who only just started and withdrawing employment offers as Elon Musk's job cuts begin
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India