The Terrible State Of Internet Access In The US Shown In 3 Charts
With an average download rate of 20 megabits per second (Mbps), the United States ranked in last place when compared alongside Russia, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Japan Switzerland, South Korea, Romania, Singapore, and Hong Kong, according to charts published by The Daily Dot.To put that 20 Mbps in perspective, Hong Kong's average internet speeds range between 70 and 80 Mbps, placing it in the number one spot when compared to the countries listed above.
The data included in The Daily Dot's charts is based on data from Net Index, which used Ookla's Speed Test to determine the average download and upload speeds in a given area. The information regarding cost per megabit was first published by the New America Foundation.The United States is ranked #29 in worldwide broadband speeds, according to Net Index's findings.
Check out the charts below.
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining