The World's Biggest Data Breaches, In One Incredible Infographic
In late November, hackers targeted Sony Pictures Entertainment in an unprecedented cyber attack. This led to the exposure of thousands of sensitive emails from Sony executives and threats to release more if the release of the film "The Interview" wasn't canceled.
While this breach was indeed historically devastating, it's not the first successful cyber attack on a big corporate powerhouse.
The folks over at Information Is Beautiful have put together an amazing infographic with the biggest data breaches in recenty history. You can see when the attack happened, who it happened to, and how large the impact was.
Check it out (click for interactive version):
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- IPO fundraising hit a 9-year low in Q4 of FY23: Prime Database
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- US visa rules ease: Now H-1B visa holders' spouses can work in the US
- Centre gives full basic customs duty exemption on import of drugs for rare diseases
- Rev your engines: Honda Activa 125 2023 launched in India with new features and variants