The amazing benefits running has for your body and brain
- Running can significantly improve physical and mental health.
- As a form of aerobic exercise, running can reduce stress, improve heart health, and even help alleviate symptoms of depression.
- Some researchers think running may be so good for us because it's something we evolved to do.
Many experts think that human bodies are shaped the way that they are because we evolved to be extremely effective endurance runners. The shapes of our hips and feet, the length of our legs, our shock-absorbing spinal discs, and our skin (and ability to sweat) make it possible for us to run mile after mile.
People are built to run - literally.
Many experts consider exercise to be the closest thing to a miracle drug in existence. As a form of cardio exercise that's easily accessible, running is one of the easiest ways to get some of the most important benefits of exercise.Since it improves aerobic fitness, running is a great way to help improve cardiovascular health. Plus, it burns calories and can build strength, among other things. There's also a long list of psychological benefits runners can get from their sport.
Getting used to running if you haven't done it in a while - or ever - can be brutal.But once your body and mind start to acclimate, running can be blissful and provide a sense of freedom.These are some of the physical and mental health benefits of running.
Even a 30-minute run can lift symptoms of depression and improve mood.
Contrary to what many people think, running actually seems to improve knee health.Advertisement
Running helps young people sleep better and improves their mood and ability to focus.
Running can significantly improve cardiovascular health.Advertisement
Running can improve your mind at any age and fight age-related cognitive decline.
Running changes the brain in ways that make it more resistant to stress.Advertisement
Running is a great way to burn calories.
Running and other forms of aerobic exercise significantly reduce your chances of death.Advertisement
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise