The best CBD beauty and skin-care products on the market
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Some studies say CBD may relieve inflammation, soothe redness, and reduce breakouts when used in skin-care products due to its antibacterial and vitamin-rich nature.
- It's important to note that we do not yet have sufficient high-quality evidence in human studies to pinpoint CBD's effectiveness, and you should check your local laws before buying anything containing CBD, as regulations around CBD are currently in flux.
- We've tried several CBD-based beauty products to find the best ones on the market, and Cannuka's Calming Eye Balm is our top pick.
- It uses CBD oil and aims to target the puffiness and inflammation caused by an array of irritants, and many of its reviewers claim it greatly improved the appearance of the skin under their eyes.
Cannabidiol, more commonly called CBD oil, is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis plants that's associated with many of the general wellness and medicinal qualities of marijuana, but without the high from THC (a psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis sativa).
Now that Congress has passed a bill to legalize the production of hemp, which is high in CBD and almost vacant of THC, we're likely to start seeing a whole lot more of it in different products. Using CBD oil in beauty and wellness products can't you high, but it's coveted for other reasons.
When used in skin-care products, the ingredient's antibacterial properties may calm inflammation, soothe irritation, reduce breakouts, and moisturize without clogging pores. CBD oil is also rich in vitamins A, C, and E, which stimulate collagen and the cells responsible for keeping skin firm and healthy.
Some studies have found that CBD may lessen pain by reducing inflammation in the body's endocannabinoid system, which regulates immune system responses in the nervous system. The possibility of a strong anti-inflammatory effect is what skin-care companies are after when creating products to target irritated skin. Some studies have also noted that CBD may relieve joint and muscle pain, and a few companies have created body lotions with CBD that are intended for pain relief.
Navigating the growing market of CBD beauty and skin-care products can be overwhelming, with so many new products and many at high prices. And you should first check your local laws as regulations around CBD and CBD oil are currently in flux around the US.
Luckily for you, we've scoured the e-commerce sphere to find the CBD skin-care products with the best results per cost across each skin-care category.
Here is our list of the best CBD beauty products:
- Best CBD skin-care product overall: Cannuka Calming Eye Balm
- Best CBD mascara: Milk Makeup Kush High Volume Mascara
- Best CBD face oil: Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil
- Best CBD body lotion: Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion
- Best CBD lip glaze: Milk Makeup Kush Lip Glaze
Editor's note: The user reviews noted herein have not been verified by us. It's important to note that we do not yet have sufficient high-quality evidence in human studies to pinpoint CBD's effectiveness, and you should check your local laws before buying anything containing CBD, as regulations around CBD are currently in flux.
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.