The best bar soap you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Bar soaps for the face and body have come a long way from the overly drying rectangles of your youth.
- These days, they boast sophisticated formulations for every skin type.
- Our favorite is the iconic Dove Beauty Bar, a gentle classic that's safe to use from head to toe.
Bar soap is so underrated. I get it, I really do. One of the first things you learn when you get into skin care is that gentle is usually better, and gentle doesn't automatically make you think of the foaming rectangle you washed with in middle school.But there are so many impressive bar soaps out there, many of which are available at the drugstore. As with anything you put on your dermis, paying attention to your individual needs is important. If you're sensitive or dry, you'll want an ultra-nourishing formula that won't drain your skin of moisture.
You can use bar soap on your face, but proceed with caution. I recommend picking up face-specific formulas packed with gentle, nourishing ingredients that will benefit your individual skin type.
There are also multitasking bars that can be used all over the body. If you choose one of these, make sure it's hydrating and non-stripping.
Here are the best bar soaps you can buy in 2019:
- Best bar soap overall: Dove Beauty Bar
- Best bar soap for sensitive skin: Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
- Best face bar soap: Meow Meow Tweet Pink Rose Clay Facial Soap
- Best detoxifying bar soap: Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar
- Best bar soap for all-over: Dr. Bronner's Organic Castile Bar Soap
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.