The best blush you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Blush is our secret weapon to looking fresh and awake, but choosing the right formula can be like playing a game of beauty roulette - you'll never know what you'll land on and like.
- We've tried a ton of blushes in various formulas, and have landed on Glossier Cloud Paint as our overall favorite because it's easy to use, not too expensive, and depending on the color that suits your skin tone, looks oh-so-natural.
- But since everyone has different skin tones and textures, and might have budget and formula concerns, we also tried and like blushes from BECCA, Bite, Hourglass, and L'Oréal.
If you had told me - a fair-skinned lady with naturally-flushed cheeks - even two years ago that I would eventually become obsessed with blush, I would have scoffed at you. I'm not even entirely sure how to scoff, but I would figure it out so I could do it in your direction.The right blush can help bring an entire makeup look together, wake up your complexion on tired mornings, or reinstate some life on your cheeks after you've blotted out your natural color with foundation. But until very recently, I avoided blush of all colors and formulas. I was intimidated by it and didn't understand what it could do for me. After all, I already had naturally-rosy cheeks, and isn't that the entire point of using blush anyway?
But one of the major perks of writing about beauty is getting to try a lot of makeup, so eventually I decided to give blush a shot. After some trial and error, I found some Holy Grail blush formulas that look natural on my skin tone and texture.
My favorite blushes are relatively fool-proof and easily buildable in terms of coverage. I have fair skin so I always apply with a light hand (it's easier to use add more blush as you go rather than to take it down a notch), and all the picks on this list can be layered and built up to be more dramatic and opaque.
Here are the best blushes you can buy in 2019:
- Best blush overall: Glossier Cloud Paint
- Best powder blush: BECCA Mineral Blush
- Best multitasking blush: Bite Multistick
- Best glowy blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush
- Best drugstore blush: L'Oréal True Match Super Blendable Blush
Updated on 5/15/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated formatting, prices, links, added L'Oréal True Match Super Blendable Blush and removed Catrice Strobing Blush as it's been discontinued.
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.