The best credit card rewards, bonuses, and perks of 2019
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider and The Points Guy Affiliate Network receive a commission from card issuers if you apply through these links and are approved.
- Credit cards with good rewards programs and great new member offers make it easier than ever to rack up a lot of points.
- The best credit card in 2019 remains the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the reigning champ since its release in 2019, because it has a great sign-up bonus and a travel rewards system that makes it easy to collect points.
- A close second is the American Express® Gold Card, which has a lower annual fee, lucrative dining rewards, and various statement credits to offset its annual fee.
Now, more than two years after the debut of the Sapphire Reserve, what's the best move for someone seeking to boost their stock of credit card points and frequent flyer miles? Here are some of the top credit cards currently available, based on sign-up bonuses, rewards earned on everyday spending, benefits, and overall value.But first, a word of warning: Credit cards play a big role in maintaining a healthy credit profile and score. Make sure you're aware of the impact that opening a new card can have, especially if you're planning to apply for a mortgage or finance a major purchase anytime soon.
It's also important to practice financial discipline when targeting credit card rewards - paying your balances off in full each month, making payments on time, and not spending more than you can afford to pay is the best course of action. After all, interest and late charges can cancel out the value you get from your rewards.
Here are the best credit card rewards and sign-up bonuses:
- Best credit card rewards overall: Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Best credit card for rewards on dining and groceries: American Express Gold Card
- Best credit card with a low annual fee: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Best cash or points credit card with no annual fee: Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Best credit card for travel perks and benefits: Platinum Card® from American Express
- Best credit card for simplicity: Capital One Venture Rewards card
- Best credit card for frequent flyers: Airline rewards credit cards
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
American Express Gold CardAdvertisement
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Freedom UnlimitedAdvertisement
Platinum Card from American Express
Capital One Venture RewardsAdvertisement
Airline Rewards Programs
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit