The best face cream for sensitive skin
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Sensitive complexions benefit from simple moisturizers with nourishing textures and few bells and whistles.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is a gift for easily irritated skin, packed with calming ingredients like colloidal oatmeal and shea butter.
After washing my face, moisturizing is my favorite skin-care routine step. In addition to delivering hydration, applying face cream is just plain fun. Plus, I have sensitive skin with rosacea on my cheeks, and my face is usually parched by the time I'm finished scrubbing all my makeup off at the end of the night. Moisturizer is essential.But not all creams are created equal, especially where reactive skin is concerned. You want richly hydrating formulas made without potential irritants like added fragrance, alcohol, or parabens. I look for ultra-hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and shea butter combined with skin-soothers like colloidal oatmeal, nourishing oils, or ceramides.
As far as texture goes, I gravitate toward water gel moisturizers in the summer and thicker consistencies in the winter. Really, it's all about personal choice. But the five picks on this list are some of the most highly recommended picks on the market.
Here are the best face creams for sensitive skin:
- Best face cream overall: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
- Best drugstore gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Best luxury face cream: Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream
- Best natural face cream: Biossance Squalane & Omega Repair Cream
- Best priming face cream: Glossier Priming Moisturizer
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.