The best facial cleansing brushes you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If you're intimidated by the idea of a face brush - don't be. They're gentle on skin and won't feel like you're washing your face with sandpaper.
- The Clarisonic Mia Smart 3-in-1 Connected Sonic Beauty Device is the best facial cleansing brush you can buy because it's easy to use daily, rechargeable, and can also be used to massage your skin and blend your makeup.
Like moody teenagers, facial cleansing brushes are commonly misunderstood. Spending upwards of $100 on a vehicle for face wash when you already have two perfectly good hands does sound like an absurd luxury to the uninitiated.
If you're happy with your cleansing routine, you don't necessarily need to run out and drop a bunch of money on one of these fancy brushes. But, since you're here, I'm guessing you aren't entirely satisfied. A facial cleansing brush could be the answer.The best face brushes give you a deeper clean than what you get with your hands (ideal if you're not the double-cleansing type), prep your skin beautifully for makeup and other skin care, and help reduce breakouts too.
Should you decide to opt in, it's important that you learn how to properly cleanse with a brush so you avoid aggravating your skin instead of making it glow. You don't need to press down hard like you're scrubbing at moldy bathroom tiles in order for the device to do its thing - be gentle. And use a makeup remover before using the brush too. Beauty guru Caroline Hirons tells Refinery29, "A cleansing brush will not properly take off your makeup - it will just push it further into your pores, which is rather disgusting."
Now that you have some background, let's run through your options.
Here are the best cleansing brushes you can buy in 2019:
- Best cleansing facial brush overall: Clarisonic Mia Smart 3-in-1 Connected Sonic Beauty Device
- Best drugstore cleansing facial brush: ProX by Olay Advanced Facial Cleansing System
- Best manual cleansing facial brush: Sephora Collection Precision Pore Cleansing Pad
- Best cleansing facial brush for frequent travelers: FOREO Luna Mini 2
- Best cleansing facial brush for the forgetful: Michael Todd Beauty Soniclear Elite Cleansing System
Updated on 6/7/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated copy, formatting, links, prices, and swapped in Clarisonic Mia Smart 3-in-1 Connected Sonic Beauty Device to replace 0ur overall pick, which was discontinued, and added Sephora Collection Precision Pore Cleansing Pad as our best manual cleansing brush.
Keep reading to learn more about our picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.