The best foundation you can buy
- Picking the right foundation for your skin type, tone, and budget can be a real hassle, and there are a lot of factors that go into finding The One.
- But after researching and testing a ton of highly-rated foundations, we found our top picks across several categories.
- Our best overall foundation is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because its lightweight texture feels more like a serum than a thick cream, and the oil-free formula offers buildable coverage.
- It's pricey at $42, but we've also chosen a great drugstore buy from Maybelline that costs less than $12.
Foundation in the right color and formula can help make your skin look like you slept 18 hours and drank 10 gallons of water. But the paradox is finding that perfect foundation.
No one needs foundation, but anyone who's ever even thought about it knows there's a bewildering array of formulas, shades, claims, prices, and more.
That's why we researched a ton of highly-rated foundations, tested them ourselves, and confirmed with shopper reviews to find the best foundations to help narrow down the endless options.
Here are the best foundations you can buy:
- Best foundation overall: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- Best drugstore foundation: Maybelline Urban Cover Foundation
- Best luxury foundation: Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation
- Best longwear foundation: Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
- Best mineral foundation: Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.