The best garden hoses you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
If you've got plants to water, a car to wash, or a sprinkler to connect so the kids can splash around this summer, then you're going to need a good garden hose. If you want a great garden hose, the Craftsman Premium Rubber Garden Hose is our top pick. It's a flexible, durable, all-weather hose that's made in America and backed by a lifetime warranty.
This is a lesson I learned personally after buying two cheap hoses shortly after my wife and I moved into our first house. I figured one hose was more or less like the next, so why spend extra cash on something that simply needed to move water from the spigot to the sprayer? Big, annoying mistake.I spent the better part of a year wrangling tangles and bends, trying and failing to make even coils after use, and soon enough, wrapping plumber's tape around numerous dripping punctures, cracks, and tears. Long story short, if you buy a cheap hose, you get a cheap hose. But don't worry, there are lots of great garden hoses out there that won't break the bank. In fact, our top pick also happens to be right in the median in terms of pricing.
But don't pick your garden hose based on price even if you aren't pinching pennies, because the most expensive hose on the market may not serve your needs. Instead, pick a hose that does. For the smaller property, a coiled or expandable hose is a good idea because it minimizes space occupied during storage. For a region that experiences a broad range of cold and warm temperatures, hose durability is more important than expansion and contraction.Finally, think about who will be using the hose and for what. Coiled hoses are great for watering plants on a patio, for example, but terrible for connecting to a sprinkler set in the grass. A super strong steel plated hose might be great for the home with a dog who tends to chew on things, but might not be ideal for the senior citizen who has trouble lifting heavier objects.
Here are the best garden hoses you can buy:
- Best garden hose overall: Craftsman Premium Rubber Garden Hose
- Best lightweight garden hose: Water Right 400 Series Slim & Light Garden Hose
- Best coiled hose: Orbit 262380 25-Foot Coil Hose
- Best expandable garden hose: Hospaip Expandable Water Hose
- Best low-cost garden hose: Beaulife Steel Garden Hose
- Best irrigation hose: Melnor Flat Soaker Garden Hose
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best garden hose overall
The best lightweight hoseAdvertisement
The best coiled hose
The best expandable garden hoseAdvertisement
The best low-cost garden hose
The best irrigation hoseAdvertisement
Check out our other gardening gear guides
- Top stocks to watch — Hero Moto, Airtel, Tata Motors, ICICI Bank, Adani Gas, Marico, Titan, Dr Reddy’s and others
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'