The best grilling tools you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If you're going to grill great eats, you need to cook on a clean grill and have all the tools you need at your fingertips.
- We've rounded up the best grilling tools, including everything from a grill cleaner and grill brush to grilling planks and meat thermometers.
When the weather is nice, I fire up my grill at least three times a week. And if the weather holds all day, I'll be cooking up burgers and skewers into the night. There's just no comparison to food cooked on a grill, and when you have great grilling tools and accessories at your disposal, grilling is just about the easiest kind of cooking, too.Think about it: You're outside, so there's no reason to worry about a few drips of oil here or some dropped of food there, you have a precise control over the temperature of a gas grill, so you don't need to time things perfectly as with an oven, and you're supposed to be drinking a cold beverage while grilling, which ... well, OK, that doesn't necessarily make things easier, but it does make the process more fun.
What does make grilling easier? A great spatula that doubles as a knife. A grill brush that scours away grit and bits of food in one pass. A meat thermometer that takes readings in seconds. And of course, reliable grill cleaning supplies that keep your barbecue station looking great and working well.
Today, I've put together a list of the primary grilling tools I use to cook, clean, and maintain my six-burner gas grill. Most of these tools can also be used with a charcoal grill, and I've even included a great way to get coals burning fast, no lighter fluid required.
Here are the best grilling tools you can buy:
- Best grill cleaner: CLR's BBQ Grill Cleaner
- Best grill brush: Kona 360° Grill Brush
- Best grilling planks: Primal Grilling Cedar Planks
- Best spatula: Char-Broil Basic Grilling Spatula
- Best grill gloves: Steven Raichlen Extra Long Suede Grill Gloves
- Best grill pan: Char-Broil Porcelain Grill Topper pan
- Best charcoal starter for on the go: Pine Mountain ExtremeStart Wrapped Fire Starters
- Best charcoal starter for home use: Looftlighter Charcoal Starter
- Best charcoal: Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes
- Best thermometers: ThermoPro TP03A and ThermoPro Wireless Remote Dual Probe
Updated on 05/07/2019 by Les Shu: Updated links, formatting, and prices.
Keep scrolling to read more details about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.