The best makeup remover you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- It's good for your skin to remove makeup every night, but it can be a pain without the right makeup remover.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water is our favorite makeup remover because it's fast, effective, foolproof, and it can be used repeatedly without stripping your skin.
However tempting it is to fall into bed after a tiring day or a big night out, removing your makeup is a must. If you want healthy-looking skin, it's the golden rule.At night, your skin repairs itself, so if it is caked in makeup, it can cause more harm than good. Not only can leaving your makeup on overnight clog your pores and cause breakouts, it can accelerate the aging process, leaving you with dull skin and wrinkles. And, you'll end up with smudges all over your pillow!
A good makeup remover should easily remove all traces of makeup without much, if any, rubbing. There's an array of different types of makeup removers out there, from micellar waters and wipes to cleansing oils and lotions, each with different benefits and uses.
We've done our research and tested the best makeup removers on the market to come up our top recommendations. Whether you're a devout double cleanser or prefer removing makeup on the fly, there's something on this list for everyone.
Here are the best makeup removers you can buy:
- Best overall: Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water
- Best cleansing oil: Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
- Best cleansing oil solid: Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original
- Best foaming cleanser: Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash
- Best cleansing wipes: Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths
- Best milk cleanser: Avène Eau Thermale Gentle Milk Cleanser
- The best eye makeup remover you can buy
Updated on 5/7/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated formatting and prices.
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.