The best mascara you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- If there's one thing many women never leave home without, it's mascara.
- It makes your eyes pop and brightens up your face in an instant.
- We tested dozens of mascaras to find the best, and Chanel Le Volume Mascara is our top choice because it delivers long, lush lashes that last all day.
A good mascara works wonders even if you have no other makeup on, but there is a dizzying array to choose from. We even found one brand that had 17 different mascaras!Whether you want volume, length, curl, or all three, when looking for the perfect mascara, you'll need one that doesn't run or clump and has staying power.
We tested dozens of mascaras, including drugstore brands, designers, cult classics, and all-natural options. We also looked at thousands of reviews from women who wear mascara and beauty experts to find the absolute best mascaras you can buy.
Here are the best mascaras you can buy in 2019:
- Best overall: Chanel Le Volume Mascara
- Best drugstore brand: L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Washable Mascara
- Best volumizing: Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara
- Best lengthening: Estée Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara
- Best curling: Benefit Roller Lash Super-Curling and Lifting Mascara
- Best waterproof: Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara
- Best fiber formula: L'Oréal Paris Voluminous X Fiber Mascara
Updated 5/8/2019 by Jada Wong: Updated formatting and prices, added L'Oréal Paris Voluminous X Fiber Mascara, and removed Honest Beauty Truly Lush Mascara and Primer, as it was discontinued.
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.