The best scalp scrub you can buy
- Scalp scrubs are great multitaskers that exfoliate and detoxify the often ignored skin under your hair, and sometimes provide added benefits like hydration.
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt earns our vote because it works for a variety of hair types including straight, curly, and wavy - plus, it feels super luxe.
It's easy to forget that the skin on your scalp is actually skin, and it needs care, treatment, and exfoliation just like the rest of you. Just because it's harder to reach, being underneath hair and all, doesn't mean your scalp should be ignored.
In fact, scalps are prone to irritation due to product build-up, oil, dryness, and skin conditions such as dandruff. Unlike your face, scalp skin is usually a bit tougher and can handle heavier physical exfoliation. That's where scalp scrubs come in. Most scalp scrubs contain salt, sugar, or other fine particles that loosen and whisk away flakes of dry skin and product build-up.
Many of them also have hydrating oils to balance out the possible harshness from the scrubby bits. But over time, exfoliating the top of your head weekly can actually soothe your skin and keep your head and hair healthier between washes.Scalp scrubs run the gamut from high-end to drugstore, and not all of them are equally effective for everyone. These five are the best ones on the market according to experts and shoppers.
Here are the best scalp scrubs you can buy:
- Best overall: Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt
- Best multitasking: Ouai Scalp & Body Scrub
- Best exfoliating shampoo: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
- Best drugstore: L'Oreal EverFresh Micro-Exfoliating Scrub
- Best squeeze bottle: Kiehl's Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.