The best under-eye concealers you can buy
- A good under-eye concealer can help neutralize the appearance of dark circles, bags, and wrinkles, leaving you looking more awake and refreshed.
- It Cosmetics' Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer is our top pick because it delivers long-lasting coverage with flawless results in an instant and comes in a 48 shades to suit a wide variety of skin tones.
If you have dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles, or puffiness around your eyes, you're not alone.
Perhaps you're fatigued because of too many late nights (we've all been there), or you have a little monster who keeps you awake all night, or your bags or dark circles are due to bad genes (you can thank your mom or dad for that).
This is when you might want to reach for a good under-eye concealer. This makeup bag essential can help hide a multitude of sins and give your eyes a much-needed boost, making you feel (and look) more human - even if you haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks.The best under-eye concealers should provide a ton of benefits - help neutralize dark circles and smooth over fine lines and wrinkles while brightening and hydrating the skin around your eyes. Liquid or cream concealers usually work well on the delicate eye area as they don't sit in fine lines.
Yvonne MacInnis, celebrity makeup artist and beauty expert for The Makeup Show, gave
- Make sure you look for concealer that is specifically for the under-eye area - not just for blemish coverage. These concealers can make dark circles and lines more visible.
- Avoid products containing alcohol, parabens, and fragrance as they may irritate the delicate skin under your eye. Products should also be ophthalmologist-tested and non-comedogenic.
- For the best results, look for sheer, buildable, blendable, and pigmented formulas that stay close to the skin and don't crease or dry out. Yvonne loves ones that have a wand or built-in applicator so you can get into the small inner-eye area.
- Choose a concealer that is 1-2 shades lighter than the skin tone in the center of your face. Be careful not to go too many shades lighter, as that can cause the under-eye darkness to shift to a pale gray, instead of being neutralized.
- Finally, her favorite truth-telling trick to find out exactly where to apply. Start by facing the mirror. Keep your eyes looking directly forward while you tilt your head down, forcing shadow into the deepest recesses of your under eye area. Apply only to the darkest areas, then bring your head back up to blend. This should help you get the most precise application possible.
Now that you've got all the skills to apply under-eye concealer correctly, it's time to figure out which one you actually want. To save you time and money on bad products, we've come up with the best of the best after researching and testing.
Here are the best under-eye concealers you can buy:
- Best under-eye concealer overall: Bye Bye Under Eye Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer
- Best all-natural under-eye concealer: RMS Beauty Un Cover-up
- Best under-eye concealer on a budget: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
- Best under-eye concealer for brightening: Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment
- Best long-lasting under-eye concealer: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks below.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.