The best yoga socks you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- You'll never slip out of downward facing dog again with the right pair of yoga socks.
- Our favorite ones are the affordable, grippy Rahabsox Non-Slip Yoga Socks.
For thousands of years, people have practiced yoga barefoot. It's easier for bare feet to find stable positions on the floor, and allows you to stretch all the muscles in your feet, which can help prevent foot injuries and pain.Still, the times they are a changing. Nowadays, yoga socks - usually ankle socks that help to keep your toes spread and have silicone dots on the bottom to keep you from slipping - are routinely used by both experienced and novice yoga practitioners.
Why might you want a pair of yoga socks? Well, there are a number of reasons.
- Cold Feet: Studios and gyms can be cold, but socks keep you warm.
- No Slipping: While many yoga mats are non-slip, studio floors aren't! Yoga socks are also great for when you do yoga on slippery surfaces like tile floors or even carpets.
- Protection: Most yoga studios have a strict no-shoe policy for the studio floor. If the thought of walking barefoot on any floor gives you the heebie-jeebies, then yoga socks are a great way to protect your feet from dust, grime, and germs.
- Staying in the moment: Yoga is about being present on your mat. That can be difficult if you're worried about your feet slipping, or if you're thinking about how cold your feet are.
Yoga socks come in many different styles and lengths. While most are ankle height, some extend up onto the calf. Some yoga socks have individual toe sections, much like a glove, while other designs have the sock end just before the toes. Some minimal yoga socks expose parts of your feet like the toes or heels while covering the ball of your foot.
Most yoga socks are made entirely of natural cotton or bamboo, though some synthetic or blended options are also available. We've rounded up a variety of different yoga socks to suit all styles whether you like a barely-there approach or full-on socks. Read on to see which of our picks is best for your needs.
Here are the best yoga socks you can buy:
- Best yoga socks overall: Rahabsox's Non-Slip Yoga Socks
- Best yoga socks for a barefoot feeling: ToeSox Half-Toe Releve socks
- Best yoga socks for men or women: Aurorae Ultimate Non-Slip Yoga Socks
- Best yoga socks for grip: Gaiam Yoga socks
Updated on 06/17/2019 by Les Shu: Updated prices, links, and formatting.
Keep scrolling to read more about our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.