The computer legend who invented email has passed away
Tomlinson was the man that basically invented email as we know it today, including making the choice to use the "@" sign in an email address. He was 75.Tomlinson invented email, a system where a user on one network could send a message to someone on another network, in 1971.
When asked about it in an interview with the New York Times in 2009, Tomlinson explained, "I sent a number of test messages to myself from one machine to the other. The test messages were entirely forgettable and I have, therefore, forgotten them."On Saturday, the man widely recognized as the grandfather of the internet, Vint Cerf, tweeted the news that Tomlinson had passed away.
Very sad news: Ray Tomlinson has passed away. https://t.co/Ghi8B2m3IX- vinton g cerf (@vgcerf) March 5, 2016
- Public to be allowed to watch Karna assembly budget session
- Delhi Assembly's budget session to begin on March 8
- Patanjali’s Acharya Balkrishna is the biggest loser on Hurun’s Rich List of Indian billionaires
- Delhi CM announces Sharman Joshi-starrer movie 'Fauji Calling' tax free in Delhi
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Joe Root, and Kyle Mayers shortlist for ICC's Player of the month