The iPhone 5 Is Still Apple's Most Popular Phone
AP, Business Insider photoshopping
In the study, Localytics examined more than 100 million iPhone and iPad models during the month of August. And their findings were pretty interesting.Despite the fact most recent Apple phones are the iPhone 5C and 5S, the iPhone 5 is still the most popular phone, with a 27% share of iPhones. The 5S is only behind by a 2% margin, but that's probably because of the two-year phone upgrade cycle. Consumers with the iPhone 5 will probably upgrade to the iPhone 6 when it's available, shifting the share a bit.
Apple may be trying the two-at-once release again this time, so we'll have to wait and see if it does better than the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S breakdown.
When it comes to the popularity of iPads, the 3.5-year-old iPad 2 reigns at 29%. The third- and fourth-generation tablets come in at 13% and 15% respectively, which isn't too surprising when you consider how overall tablet sales are shrinking. Consumers just don't have the same need to keep upgrading tablets as they do with their phones.Let's see if Apple decides to release yet another iPad or if they give it a rest this year.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry