The iPhone 5 Is Still Apple's Most Popular Phone
AP, Business Insider photoshopping
In the study, Localytics examined more than 100 million iPhone and iPad models during the month of August. And their findings were pretty interesting.
Despite the fact most recent Apple phones are the iPhone 5C and 5S, the iPhone 5 is still the most popular phone, with a 27% share of iPhones. The 5S is only behind by a 2% margin, but that's probably because of the two-year phone upgrade cycle. Consumers with the iPhone 5 will probably upgrade to the iPhone 6 when it's available, shifting the share a bit.
The iPhone 5C, which received a lot of criticism, makes up only 8% of iPhones, falling behind even the iPhone 4.
Apple may be trying the two-at-once release again this time, so we'll have to wait and see if it does better than the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S breakdown.
When it comes to the popularity of iPads, the 3.5-year-old iPad 2 reigns at 29%. The third- and fourth-generation tablets come in at 13% and 15% respectively, which isn't too surprising when you consider how overall tablet sales are shrinking. Consumers just don't have the same need to keep upgrading tablets as they do with their phones.
Let's see if Apple decides to release yet another iPad or if they give it a rest this year.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- We aim to be the YouTube of podcasters and scale up 20X in the next 12 months: Sandeep Lodha, Gaana
- Sensex surges by 400 points to soar past 62,000-mark; Nifty opens at fresh record — L&T, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, HUL, Axis Bank and Bharti Airtel top gainers
- AirPods 3 vs AirPods 2: What’s new in Apple’s latest earbuds?