The inventor that inspired Elon Musk and Larry Page predicted smartphones nearly 100 years ago
The world-famed engineer could speak in eight languages, had an eidetic memory and held 300 patents by the time he died. His name was borrowed for the red-hot car and energy storage company created by entrepreneur Elon Musk and he has been cited as an inspiration by Google co-founder Larry Page.It seems Tesla predicted the creation of the smartphone in a 1926 interview with John B. Kennedy. Advertisement
The prescient quote from nearly a century ago was recently flagged in the bigthink blog. Tesla also made other futuristic remarks during the interview, and predicted that men would end up inferior to women."This struggle of the human female toward sex equality will end in a new sex order, with the female as superior. It is not in the shallow physical imitation of men that women will assert first their equality and later their superiority, but in the awakening of the intellect of women."
Tesla is known for his futurist comments in the last century. That kind of far-seeing vision is especially in demand today. According to Forbes, a career of the future might be forecasting and analyzing the future.
- Domestic flights resume after two months: Delhi's first departure is to Pune and Mumbai's first to Patna
- 46 more test COVID positive in Assam, total cases near 400
- Turkey confirms 32 deaths, 1,141 new COVID-19 cases
- COVID: As 2 more test positive, Hamirpur continues to have highest number of cases in HP
- Himachal COVID-19 tally crosses 200 as 18 news cases reported